The use of Captive Insurance is a very effective risk management and wealth preservation strategy if planned and executed properly. Confusion is common for those considering this strategy, as this complex field includes many players with varying skill sets and cost structures.
Call us first for an independent consultation to assess your needs and help you make the critical early decisions to ensure that the captive insurance company you form will provide you with the maximum risk management and tax reduction benefits and will comply with all insurance and IRS regulations.
You can use this website as an initial tutorial along with the article attached, The Benefits of Captive Insurance, which our founding partner published in the Journal of Accountancy. Also provided is a Formation Questionnaire to assist you in the planning process.
Are you a Candidate for a Captive?
- Is your business successful and closely held (i.e. a single owner or relatively few owners)?
- Are you concerned about business risks that are not fully covered by current policies?
- Does your annual taxable income regularly exceed $500,000?
- Do you wish to reduce income taxes and build wealth more rapidly?
What Can Captive Insurance Do For a Closely-Held Company?
- Insure currently under-insured or uninsured risks.
- Realize savings on current insurance expenses by raising deductibles.
- Provide a tax deduction that may save as much as $500,000 in annual income taxes.
- Allow significant equity (potentially over $1 million per year) to be passed on to others (i.e. heirs, key employees, or trusts) free of regular income taxes and estate/gift taxes.